Keep Up With Your Appointments Remotely!
We know you have a lot going on, especially right now. That is why we are happy to offer the option to keep up with your physical therapy visits by meeting with your therapist virtually!
Schedule a telehealth appointment today!
How to Prepare For Your Telehealth Appointment!
- Telehealth services can be accessed via your smartphone or desktop computer
- Please have a quiet space available so you can really focus on your session!
- You will be able to perform your PT treatments from the comfort of your own home, so wear clothes you feel comfortable moving around in
At Optimus Health Center, our telehealth services offer live consultation where you can meet and chat with your physical therapist about your treatment plan. Additionally, through our PT Wired app, you can view the exercises and stretches that you are expected to complete each day and log your advancement through your treatment plan. You can also use this app to access ongoing helpful tools and tips, such as our blogs – you can even use it to send these tips to a friend or family member who may also need help!
At any point you can also message one of our physical therapists to ask questions or get advice about your condition. That being said, there are numerous conditions that can still be treated and improved via telehealth services, including, but not limited to:
- Arthritis pain
- Back pain
- Post-surgical rehab
- Respiratory issues
- Sports medicine/athletic training
- Fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s Disease, and other chronic conditions
- Injury rehab
- And much more
In addition to allowing for the practice of social distancing, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, telehealth also has other benefits for patients. As stated by the American Physical Therapy Association, just a few of these include:
- Patients typically in clinical or hospital settings could be managed from their homes
- Quicker screening, assessment, and referrals can improve care coordination within collaborative delivery models such as accountable care organizations or patient-centered medical homes
- Telehealth can facilitate consultation between providers or in clinical education